Without this rude girl mentioning this blog, who knows when will I update it. :p
Right. I'm still on holidays, or what's left of it. Results are coming out soon and every time I think about it, my heart starts pumping blood a little faster. I guess I've been trying to avoid thinking about it all this while, and when I ran into a mate late last night and we spoke about this, I was forced kicking and crying to think about this issue.
Isn't it silly how the advices we fail to follow the most are often our very own?
Had a great session with two friends back from the LawAsia moot this evening at our favourite hideout, by the beach. I didn't know they were under this much pressure, and I certainly did not expect it to come from sources other than the whole moot thing. The gates opened with each drink, and it was not until one of them said that they really needed this that I realised I'm actually a pretty good listener. Maybe intoxication is not such a bad thing after all.
Also, I'll have to start managing my time well. It seems pretty obvious, but this lesson struck deeper when I look at all the adults. I'm well on my way to adulthood, no doubt about that, but whether I'm ready for it is another different thing. Adulthood is both intriguing, intimidating and exciting all the same.
On another note, I have to start reading books rather than buying them. The fact is that on average, Malaysians only read one book a year. Many would be offended by this, or wouldn't be bothered, but I myself think that it is very important for a nation's people to read stuff and if they don't, their minds are fertile grounds for tampering with.
Enough said, and good night.
1 comment:
Read read read, going to start reading this summer. Feel nauseous looking at text books.
Post a Comment