At some point we're all little minds. Talking behind people's back and guess what, you're topic for the next gathering of friends.
A high-end way of showing your indifference is to think this: since people are talking, behind your back, why, that means you're in front of them!
It can be so tiresome to deal with people and their baggage. There seems to be no end in sight. People will just keep talking and complaining and throwing stones. I am much tempted to have 'especially' replace 'even' - even if you have had helped out in the past, gossips are punishments you cannot escape from.
With all due respect, I had a great holiday doing stuff I want to do and that includes managing up to the top of Mount KK. So far none of my friends, during their holidays, went for a trip so far away and an adventure so daring. I am proud of have attempted and succeeded in this KK trip. It is, therefore, most upsetting when people(friends) do not appreciate this attempt on my part, and resorted instead to petty complaints and mud-slinging.
Do little minds only think and talk of people and people only? I believe this to be largely true. Crucial it is, hence, for us to identify such minds and maintain an arm's length. The little mind cannot conceive great ideas, nor can it embark on daring adventures. It does, however, find faults with a laser-like precision and with a vengeance.
There is a Chinese adage that may sound highly inhumane and realistic; I leave that to the judgment of my readers, but here it is: a friend who is inferior to me, or my equal, I shall distance myself from, for no improvement or gain can be obtained therein.
How true this sounds, when these little minds complain about issues which had, in my mind, never been much of an issue anyway! They pick and peck at the most unscrupulous detail, they jump at the chance of finding fault with people. In that petty process, they have lost sight of the many precious gems that could have been theirs if only they shift their gaze from people to the present and future.
I do hope,earnestly, none of my readers are such people and minds. You wouldn't know what you have missed. Life is always bigger than us and people, and being petty does not help one to see the light. On the other hand, if you feel offended, that means you're thinking, and for that I have achieved my purpose.
1 comment:
Congratulations for ascending the peak of Mount Kinabalu! :)
Post a Comment