Exams are over. Three months of holidays stare.
Already my first week is very much packed. I have resumed my previous tuition classes and I think the students responded rather positively, and I thank them, inside, for leaving them without notice during revisions and exams. Note to self: give notice of absence to people before leaving, unless she's your girlfriend. Lol.
Holidays are a challenge themselves. Suddenly time is abundant, ridiculous that might sound, and management is all-important. There is the urge to try to do everything at once and do nothing at all simultaneously - paradoxical. Sometimes I stay awake late into the night thinking in my head what to do in the morning, only to wake up absurdly late and ended up doing nothing for the day. Obviously there lies a distinction between planning and doing, and it has been aptly said that to fail to plan is planning to fail. Hmm.
Nonetheless, responsibilities attached are always present, only that they come in different forms with the passing of time. I have tuition classes, and Mondays and Tuesdays are working days, non-negotiable. A friend has to take care of his ill grandparents at home, one of them down with Alzheimer and prone to aggressive behaviour; we had planned for all sorts of events and now things will have to be put on hold. Some are happily running the romantic fields with their darlings.
Word: we all have obligations and responsibilities.
I saw from a Malaysian lawyer's tweet that he planned his holidays a *year* before. It was quite a shock to me, naive as I am. I knew professionals are going to be tied up with work, but it seems that the extent of being tied up is quite lost on me; I have underestimated its force. A year before planning could be subject to various delays and whatnot. The plan may never materialise at all! This is nutsy.
Note to self: spend more time outdoors instead of squandering it on your usual familiar blue friend. Name starts with a 'F'.
No comments:
Post a Comment