Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Ball and the Beach

I've been trying to lessen the space between paragraphs, seems like it has got to do with codes and complicated stuff. Any help would be very much welcomed.

Just got back from another early morning basketball session. We had more people, 6 actually, so a 3v3 is good. As usual some couldn't make it, their empty boasts a yesterday thing. I won't bluff, but I feel quite good being one of the top players. It's not like I get to feel that way with regards to basketball. Better players are everywhere in my humble little town and I've been playing under their shadows, so a change, no matter how minute, feels good.

One of the things I like the most about these early sessions is actually after it: the beach. Usually players sit down and talk while waiting for their bodies to dry, and a little breeze feels like paradise. Now I get to sit by the beach and have a constant blowing of the salty wind from the sea after every game? That's something very welcomed. I like to lie on my back, nothing in sight but the vast blue sky, and have the sound of the waves in my ears. The view of the beach is not that pleasant, and the road reminds me of earth. No I won't have that. Lying on my back lulls me into thinking that I'm at some Ko, island in Thailand, or the beaches of Sabah. It feels like vacation. It feels everything good, feels like me on a good day.

On the way back however I started to feel a little guilty. Exams are due soon, and my tuitions are still ongoing. I can't indulge too much into this feeling. Law students are expected to be in full throttle at the present, and for all the right reasons. I love the feeling when all there was was the sky and waves, it's so easy to fall into a peaceful sleep in that situation for Niel. Yet only minimum relaxation is encouraged, for now. You relax to study, not relax and lax and get hazy. At least that's it for the next two months and weeks. Failing is not an option.

I look forward to post-exams visits to various beaches! Place your bookings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best for your finals, Daniel! :)