Search This Blog

Thursday, 24 March 2011

All the good ones are taken.

Yes, and you’re the only one left, weirdo. Go, get one, before your younger brother does.

Unnerving, yes, when peeps and peers talk like that, likening people to fruits. Its truth is still a matter for debate, but once in a while it strikes a chord. That’s the truth, power and pressure people can make people feel, and soon everyone ends up doing and living the same way ‘everyone’ does. To some the idea is axiomatically pleasant, the way of life; to some it is deplorable, intolerable and totally not viable.

For me, it is plainly difficult to get past myself. I cannot say and do differently. I have not managed to segregate the heart and mind and subject them to function differently and simultaneously. It is very difficult.

Despite putting up a post on this topic, I cannot say that I am very much bothered by the sweeping statement above, made to me several times by concerned friends. Perhaps it is the exams that are edging closer, perhaps I think of myself as being simply too young to embark on any romantic frolic. Against the world on this issue, I’d rather not debate about it, but go on with life. We all have our rights to live happily in the life of our choice, but to those genuinely concerned, you are very much noted.

This is not the first time I find myself in the minority on a certain topic, and I very much doubt that it will be the last. Once in a while a challenge comes along the way, and life is not the rut a tuition centre runs, without sway.

No comments: