Search This Blog

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

inspired post, so-called

Reading blogs of friends has this inspiring effect on me. I always want to blog after reading their blogs, so here I am.

After a long pause from blogging, for a while, it seems like blogging's no longer relevant. All those bravado that 'we will blog about our lives everyday' just rings empty. Some friends who are working now only blog once in a week or two, and these were such enthusiastic bloggers.

Now, a picture, an album, or a teh-tarik session with a friend or two replace how I used to express myself. Time is also a factor, but sometimes, deciding what or what not to post is a tiring ordeal and frankly, posting something emo on facebook and twitter is much simpler. Chances are, words get lesser and lesser...

Following the release of STPM results yesterday, I am now so much more nervous and anxious about my own exams, due in May. I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be, and it seems to be a paradox, that when you know how much there is to be done, you tend to slack even more than you do usually. It's a weird thing, and totally unhelpful in work life later on. I'm happy for friends who scored. I have yet to ring up friends to ask about their results; some need time to accept their results. For me though, none of the results were any surprises, simply because it reflects the amount of attention and effort put in. Which leads me back to worrying about May, since I have not been working hardest.

Truly, legal geniuses are admirable. They only spend a few good hours on their books and their brains absorb the stuff like a sponge. Some of them go to the extent of being capable of coming out with their own opinions and reasoned arguments, airtight and solid, sounding impressive and big. There is a saying that these people make life difficult for the rest of the pack.

I think I'll stop here for now. Hopefully blogging's still fun, and it could be fun.