After thinking about the title, I decided to write first, title later.
I went to our island airport again. A little different this time, as I, till now, only go to the airport to leave the country. My purpose was normal enough though: to send a friend on his way.
We go a long way back, since primary we have been pals. We went to different high school, and for 5 years we rarely see each other. This guy is nice enough, so we don't have problems talking to each other every time we meet. A little joke here: I never knew he was from Arts until the day he departed to Japan..
I arrived late enough for him to spend adequate time with family. Within minutes he had to get on board. We took a quick one. My hair was funny.
After he left, I ate dinner at McD. Looking around, actually, the airport is pretty much a sentimental place, no? People departing and people arriving, quite the same with life. The sign 'Arrival/Departure' really did its part to invoke. McD was placed directly in front of the departure gateway too.
Maybe, because it is a place of goodbyes, its ambiance is very much soothing. The loudest tourist lowers his voice in the airport. Only once in a while will someone be seen rushing. Perhaps, because it is a place of welcome home, it glows in its own special way.
Goodbyes and welcome homes. What's to say, listen to Miss Spektor.
No comments:
Post a Comment