Search This Blog

Thursday, 1 January 2009

I Lost Again

Starting from right now, the year is 2009. All of us have lost to time again.

Everyone gets older. For us who have just finished the SPM, the euphoria has died off rather quickly, extinguished by the real and harsh future ahead. In no time at all, everyone left downtown Nibong Tebal for various purposes. I wish them all the best via this blog. It is, after all, a hard world outside, no matter how much you try.

Entering into 2009 is when I say goodbye to my secondary life. No matter how much I used to complain about it, I had spent five years in that school and the memories still cling onto me like a gum. The Chinese says that even if there isn't any iota of love, there is still affection. Nevertheless, it is a sad thing to see my fellow mates pursuing their goals with no regard for the past. All the best to them anyway.

The sky and earth still stands. Looking at it wouldn't be much of a help to differentiate between 2008 and 2009. However, a huge change is happening in my life and it still holds great amount of secrets waiting to be discovered. I never will be the same anymore. I will never be able return back to my dear childhood, no matter how many Disney songs I downloaded. There isn't any Never Land in the real world. College life, according to the many elders that I spoke with, is the biggest path taken in life. I'm just glad that I've made my choice, but right now the responsibility of that choice is wearing me down. I'm down. I never knew that growing up can be a process so tiring. It is hard to bear that load, especially when I have literally no one to pour my heart out to in this almost-deserted Nibong Tebal.

I pray that in the year 2009, I would be able to have the things that I don't have during my secondary period. A friend suggested love when I mentioned this, but I ain't too keen on that. I pray for a diligent year, a year of getting to know God more and live out His purpose for me.

Happy 2009~







No comments: