Today, I woke up and found out that Nibong Tebal virtually has no young people. Young people of my generation seemed to vanish in one day, leaving me behind.
My parents were away in KL too. This time, there wasn't anyone to accompany me. I'm literally 'Home Alone'. My brother was outside with his friends, leaving me to be in charge of the house. I was fine at first, tidying up my room and doing stuff, private stuff anyway. Then, boredom started to gnaw at me.
Chatting online helped to spend the time. But eventually, everyone got out for lunch. I was... almost mad. I drove to eat a most silent lunch. I drove around aimlessly for a while, trying to spot any adventure. I found none.
I picked up my newly-mended shoes from the cobbler. I was getting out of ideas of where to go and what to do. A name flashed in my head, and my instinct got me driving to his house.
There was old fat Ee Shiuen, buckling up his huge beg. He looked up as I walked in, a question mark. I told him I'm desperately, deeply bored now. He laughed and told me he's going to Penang an hour later, and he's going to stay there till Chinese New Year. I rolled my eyes in disbelief; another friend gone!
Suddenly, out of suppressed boredom and stupidity, I asked him whether I can follow him down to Pg. I was shocked at myself, and Ee Shiuen was too. I started to rethink the whole thing again: fetch my friend down, do nothing there, hang out till night, return home. All logical parts of me told me to cancel this plan; another part, emotions maybe, screamed 'YES'.
I gave in. I said I would fetch him. After confirming with his friend, Shiuen consented and I went home, puzzled and confused.
I went back to Shiuen's place an hour later, dressed up and ready. Loading his begs into the back, he looked ready too. We went to fetch another housemate of his, and she turned out to be a rather pretty girl. So all is worth, I mumbled as they got into the car.
Upon reaching our destination, Midlands Court, I went in to see his apartment. It was a total mess! Of course la, all young people ma, they argued. I wanted to take a picture but was shouted down. OK guys =.=
We walked to Gurney and had tea+dinner. Ee Shiuen seemed rather busy with our pretty friend, so it's just me and Hua Sheng talking. We decided to watch Bond, and I was happy to finally see the show for myself after hunting it for days.
After that, we separated and went our own ways. I took Hua Sheng to my soon-to-be college, Kemayan ATC for a look. Unfortunately it was closed as today was a public holiday. We then went to look at my future living quarters too.
After that, we debated a while on what to do next. We realised that there wasn't anything to do, and headed back home.
I'm glad that I'm starting college 19th. I used to brag about life after SPM, what will I do and how will I enjoy, but right now it isn't the case.
2 comments:
lol. My life after SPM apparently was better than yours~ lol~ :P
Friends didn't run out that fast. Friends in Nibong Tebal not available then look for friends in BM. XD
Lonesome dude go get a girl friend fast!
lol. i dun think u get my point. everyone is gone! even girls...they Apparate faster actually =.=
Post a Comment