Another friend of mine left Nibong Tebal again tonight.
This time it's Danny Tan, one of my oldest friends. He left for Kuala Lumpur to study at Taylor College, pursuing his dream of being a doctor.
His bus was scheduled to leave the station at 12am. I was in Penang, minding my own business, and we rushed down to catch him. It turned out that we arrived at the station earlier than he did, thanks to Dad's NFS (Need for Speed) driving. The night seemed to reflect reality; cold and wet, the air was heavy with vapour.
I saw Kae Min's car in the distance. They parked and 2 tall figures were produced: Danny and his mother. We smiled rather ruefully. We walked over to the waiting bus and he deposited his begs. We chatted animatedly about some banal stuff, until it's time to go.
I hugged the tree trunk and he responded. Although we both knew that we would be seeing each other in another 3 weeks time, but still it's hard to say goodbye. The bus gave a loud hoot, they got up the bus, and we exchanged farewells.
As I got into the car, I realised how lonely Nibong Tebal is now. Everyone is gone, or in the process of doing so. Lucas, my brother who was rather silent during the meeting, said:’ Well, another one gone. You'll be next.'
I just hope that all of my friends will do fine, and someday, we will meet again.
1 comment:
So sentimental.
lol.
Too sentimental la..
Too many post about people leaving NT liao.
Post a Comment