Search This Blog

Sunday, 28 December 2008

Bye bye

This morning was gloomy but radiant at the same time.

I woke up earlier than usual. Today, 2 of my friends are going to serve their National Service(NS) 'sentence'. I promised to send them off as they have been very good pals.

After picking them up, we drove the short 12km route to Batu Kawan State Stadium, where all participants are scheduled to gather. We reached there with several minutes to spare.

There were 10 buses waiting to ferry the participants. We went over and registered, me looking from the rear. Some friends came over and poked me from behind and we exchanged punches in the chests(they're guys). It's been a while since I've seen them, ever since the last day of the SPM. They looked every bit as they are in my memories, but I am confident that will change after their 3-month stint in the NS.

After waiting and chatting for a few more minutes, the signal to board the bus was off. They climbed onto their respective buses and we bade farewell. I started to walk back to my car, saddened but glad.

Then my phone rang, and it's one of them NSers.

He forgot something that he should have handed to me:his house key. I ran back and saw him searching for me. The engine of the bus was already roaring and he smacked the key into my palm. I gave him a half-fierce, half-amused glare before slapping him on the back. Who is this Big Head Guy? Qi Jun korkor la... Ha ha. Typical of him.

So then, goodbye guys. Will see you during Chinese New Year and in March 2009. Be safe.

1 comment:

Kae Vin said...

Hahah.

They sure will miss the life in NS :)