Search This Blog

Saturday, 13 December 2008

Finally

Finally, I can get to sit down, think and breathe. It had been rather hectic with activities buzzing lately.

Along with 2 other friends, we packed simple luggage and went to our various destinations by train. Yeah, that was our road trip this holiday. We went to Kampar, Rawang and Kuala Lumpur was our finally station. It had been really fun this trip, meeting up with friends and leaving old Nibong Tebal for a while. We played basketball with old friends and even managed to keep in touch with our favourite DOTA! I also got to know my 2 friends better. It's great finding out each other's personalities and accepting our weakness. God has also been very gracious to us. We were safe throughout the journey thanks to His mercy. Why, we even get free meals every on and then! It is simply wonderful.

On the 12th of December, we also managed to visit KL Gospel Hall. It played host to the 2008 MEBS Graduation of Young Soldiers (directly translated). I was so overwhelmed seeing my brother standing among other youngsters, and my gosh he looks a great deal like me from afar! The 30+ youngsters were wonderful and their presentations marked how much they have grown. I am mightily pleased that my brother was one of them. When it was time to leave, I watched all of them doing so reluctantly. Handshakes, huggings, and photo-snapping all showed that they had love inside. I interpreted it as a sign of saying 'I love you'. I threw the camera to my brother for his 'thing'. Watching them saying their last goodbyes made me reflect 2 years ago, when I was just like them... Ahh, a Pensieve full of memories! I smiled ruefully.

Well, it is the end of my road trip. Today, my 2 friends and my brother's friends boarded the train home. I and my brother, however, are staying behind to wait for our parents’ arrival. It felt quite strange and hollow, as I had spent almost everyday of the holidays with my friends. Another wave of emotion? I think I'm overwhelmed.

After this holiday, after this Christmas, I would be going to Penang Island for my studies. A new chapter commences in my life. What it's going to be?



No comments: