On my own
Pretending she's beside me.
All alone
I walk with her till morning.
Without her
I feel her scent around me.
And when I lose my way
I close my eyes
And she has found me.
In the rain
The pavement shines like silver.
All the lights
Are misty in the river.
In the darkness
The trees are full of starlight
And all I see is her and me
Forever and forever.
And I know
It's only in my mind.
That I'm talking to myself
And not to her.
And although
I know that she is mine.
Still I say
There's a way for us.
I love her
But when the night is over
She is gone
The river is just a river.
Without her
The world around me changes.
The trees are barren everywhere
The streets are full of strangers.
I love her.
But everyday I'm learning.
All my life
I've only been pretending.
Without me
Her world will go on turning.
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known.
I love her.
I love her.
I love her.
But only on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment