That’s when, once again, it hit me how time flies.
SPM results were released yesterday and naturally, students flocked to see my mother, their tuition teacher. Only two topics were touched upon: results of each and every one of them, and what they intend to do after leaving school. A process I had went through myself, and I still remember each detail, yet it was but a few years back and I’m in my second year already.
Time does fly.
Below is an article I got from NBA.com on Yao Ming. I like these articles on individual players, with a few videos of them inserted throughout. I still remember watching the Year of Yao, a documentary on Yao’s first year in the NBA. Today he is retired, prematurely, and the reason they wrote this article was because he attended a Rockets game and sat courtside.
I suppose everyone has heard it countless times, seemingly enough to last a lifetime. Truth is, few really understood. Few lived like there’s no tomorrow. Few fought like it’s the last battle.
Time squandered is often reflected in the present and, with good sense and regret, mourned over. What follows next is a new resolve. I will appreciate time more. I will not steal time from myself.
And then we go and repeat the same mistake all over again.
That shows that people do not understand time, or its value. We do not understand that, by doing something for a certain quantified amount of time, that amount is lost forever and could never be retrieved again. Maybe we understand now, but one could never understand this enough. The fact that the same mistake keeps repeating itself is solid proof.
Be it a person we’re trying to get over, a habit we’re trying to conquer, or something we’re trying to adjust and adapt to, time will play its role expertly and ease us all into comfort. Before you know it, something that’s daily and habit is gone forever, replaced by something else new and different. Soon, you might even forget the former’s existence and influence…
Let this post remind us to love time more, to cherish time spent with people and things and places, and may they delve deep into the geographies of our minds and hearts, that we may call them memories and feel its faithful companion – nostalgia.
*
Nostalgia runs deep in Yao's bittersweet return to Houston
HOUSTON -- The two equipment managers walked along with arms filled by about a half-dozen extra-extra-long crutches and enough jumbo plastic boots to immobilize an army marching to a cadence of: "Fee-fi-fo-fum!"
It was both a comical and bittersweet sight as Yao Ming soon followed them down the hallway.
For the first time since he announced his premature retirement from the NBA last summer, Yao returned to his adopted hometown without so much as a limp. "Good enough for walking, but not good enough for playing basketball games," he said of his achy-breaky feet.
Read more here.
No comments:
Post a Comment