Search This Blog

Friday, 3 September 2010

miss those quiet, sweet reading moments.

I have been reading a lot. This is not a show-off, but rather a... moan? It seems to me that there are many things I *must* read, now. Gone are those days when I could just simply look among my parents' teaching materials and pick up an interesting book and read.

Some books never actually die; they reside in my head. Those are the great stories, put forward with great skill and of course, great feelings in the plot. They linger, surfacing to memory only in the most exceptional circumstances, but they are always there.

Me blogging right now is one of such circumstance.

I don't remember how and where and who I got the book from, vaguely recall cousin sister. What I remember is this: I did not finish this book in one or two days. I did not sit in my room, or one place, and finish a good three or four chapters.

In fact, I finished the book in China, on a family trip. I read it when the rest were deeply asleep(especially my parents, walking is just too common there for them), I read it during the long train journey to Shanghai, and also at different airports. I remember being shocked reading the part when Hassan was sodomised, and it was at one certain airport.


I'll just agree with the vast reviews; great story, great skill and great feelings.

Reading this book was a different feeling, something reminiscent, soul-stirring and at times, sad and heavy. Quite different from what I have had felt at that point. It felt nice reading while the rest were asleep, until Dad asked me to get some rest.

The feeling's still there, in store with my memories of the Beijing trip. It feels quite far, quite distant now. It seems that no other materials that I am reading now will be able to resurrect that feeling. I'm enjoying what I have to read now, but somehow, there ain't no Kite-feeling.

I end this post with a longing desire, wondering when will this particular feeling wash over me once again. Yet I also sigh at the days long gone, and how one cannot feel what he felt, because he's changed.

1 comment:

Darren RyanZn Tan said...

Read. I am seeking something more critical from you. ^^