Search This Blog

Monday, 1 February 2010

déjà vu

Two events with elements of déjà vu in my life right now. I'll start with the 'smaller' one.

I used to have a friend who changed various institutions in her attempt to pursue education. Being a girl, she did not have much liberty while her parents were trying to decide what's best for her, from their point of view. We contacted each other and I tried to provide support, especially when she sounded on the verge of tears when things get hot.

Eventually she settled at a specific college, and I thought the struggle was over. Despite the university's dubious foundation, I was happy for her as she finally get to pursue her choice of education. Those days of tears and trepidation were over, we thought, and I even planned to have a counter reunion, a happy one, as opposed to our rather wistful separation dinner and supper in Penang Island.

Who would have thought that estrangement could settle in just like that, light as smoke and severing all contacts. I could not recall the last time we contacted each other, which was the typical Facebook-style of communication.

Now this time, another friend is flying, a she too. This time the world map is involved, and it is quite hard for me to remain optimistic despite the joy I feel for her obtaining the generous corporate scholarship.

That's my story. We shall shift to the 'bigger picture' now, here in Malaysia.

Sodomy trial! It's Anwar Ibrahim again, facing Sodomy 2. Whether he did it or not, foul play is likely to be close. I pray that justice is done, and God will see to it. Sodomy 2 is also a sense of déjà vu, especially to those who have witnessed the first charge and conviction. I am not siding with anyone, I am just another Malaysian hoping to see justice done. The adage of 'justice must be seen to be done' will very much be in force tomorrow, and that's not just our country. Journalists and reporters from foreign countries will be there at the Opposition Leader's trial.

After his trial, what are the reactions triggered? It will be like a chain reaction. Probably there will be jumping ships. The hearts of the people may melt or hardened.

All these are not important. What is important is justice. Only God makes justice, and I pray He will intervene tomorrow, or even tonight as the presiding judges sleep tonight in their beds.

Psalm 9:7,8 : But the Lord shall endure forever: he hath prepared his throne for judgement. And he shall judge the world in its righteousness, he shall minister judgement to the people in uprightness.

May the Angel of Justice sweep my country tomorrow. Oops, today, I mean.

déjà vu

2 comments:

Ellkay7 said...

anwar lagi. sodomy lagi. kepala aku makin sakit. LAGI!

zewt said...

though we all know justice will prevail... somehow, in this country, i just have my doubt...