Today is Valentine.
How did I know? All my MSN contacts' display messages pointed that to me. I'm not sheepish or anything, but this year's Valentine is the only one I remembered. So unromantic heh? Poorr Dah.
Friends from various places told me about the 'celebrations' going on near them. In short, it is about couples and roses and stuff; you can tell me better.
Valentine is celebrated worldwide, even in downtown Nibong Tebal. It is in fact considered as a sacred day here; anyone demeaning or belittling it will have to face the chill. Why do I know this? Well that's for you to find out and me to consider =)
I remember that a few years back, a guy gave his darling 1000 roses, causing an uproar in the largest secondary school of Nibong Tebal, SMKTAR. I think some would probably put on a soapy look and 'wao' with admiration. Just don't faint though. And of cause there are many other 'underground' celebrations.
But what is the significance of this day? Spending some time with your partner? Is that all? I fondly thought of this day as a day for elders, a day to show them your love and appreciation. That is if you even celebrate Valentine at all. The contrary however, happens in reality. There is always a big fuss and buzz. Guys are pondering, girls are shyly excited. Some of these hot puppy-lovers go to great extent to express their 'puppy yelp', and of course money is involved.
At the present, the emphasis is very much on the 'true love' between couples. One's popularity is measured on the amount of Valentine presents he or she receives today. As we are talking now, some pretty beings are happily counting their loot while Geeks look upon. Ha ha.
For those who doesn't celebrate Valentine, I've got nothing to say. Watch 'Titanic' on this day then :D
How did I know? All my MSN contacts' display messages pointed that to me. I'm not sheepish or anything, but this year's Valentine is the only one I remembered. So unromantic heh? Poorr Dah.
Friends from various places told me about the 'celebrations' going on near them. In short, it is about couples and roses and stuff; you can tell me better.
Valentine is celebrated worldwide, even in downtown Nibong Tebal. It is in fact considered as a sacred day here; anyone demeaning or belittling it will have to face the chill. Why do I know this? Well that's for you to find out and me to consider =)
I remember that a few years back, a guy gave his darling 1000 roses, causing an uproar in the largest secondary school of Nibong Tebal, SMKTAR. I think some would probably put on a soapy look and 'wao' with admiration. Just don't faint though. And of cause there are many other 'underground' celebrations.
But what is the significance of this day? Spending some time with your partner? Is that all? I fondly thought of this day as a day for elders, a day to show them your love and appreciation. That is if you even celebrate Valentine at all. The contrary however, happens in reality. There is always a big fuss and buzz. Guys are pondering, girls are shyly excited. Some of these hot puppy-lovers go to great extent to express their 'puppy yelp', and of course money is involved.
At the present, the emphasis is very much on the 'true love' between couples. One's popularity is measured on the amount of Valentine presents he or she receives today. As we are talking now, some pretty beings are happily counting their loot while Geeks look upon. Ha ha.
For those who doesn't celebrate Valentine, I've got nothing to say. Watch 'Titanic' on this day then :D
Do I look like I need a Valentine?!
1 comment:
lol....maybe 1 out of 10 so-called puppies love will work out? Only heaven knows right? Don judge people so quickly.
I had friends who are still together now since form 3. (calculate the duration urself :P)
Post a Comment