Search This Blog

Sunday, 8 February 2009

No more presents when you're 18

Today is my 18th birthday.

Hurray? Lol? I am not too sure. As I grow older, birthdays tend to get more and more quieter. I used to hold parties when it's my day. I would invite lots of friends and prepare a banquet to serve them. We would have fun, laugh till the sweat flew in all directions and then settled down to open the presents.

Now, there is no one to be invited even if I had organised a party. Most of the gang are away at work, or studying too far away. The food would have all ended up in Fang's stomach.

The present-giving days are long gone. You cease getting a wrapped parcel just because you turn 18. Instead, you are expected to be able to shoulder more responsibilities, carry more weight on your back. It is kinda unfair in my opinion; no presents but more work? But some call that growing up wor. Lol...

Today was rather relaxing and I know complaining too much ain't a Christian's share of dough. Had steamboat in church in conjunction with Chap Goh Mei. Many wouldn't know, but I had disliked steamboats all the way, back when we had one for Reunion Dinner many years ago. In the evening, me and a friend went to the newly built Jusco and we watched the hilarious Pink Panther 2. When I returned, my family went out to Tambun for a happy-birthday-Daniel dinner.

So there you go. My birthday. No presents. Maybe it wouldn't be too much if I ask for an orange from a pretty sweet darling landed on my head, perhaps? As my birthday present? More to come man, when I'm 21... -___-



P/S: I'm not a lazy blogger!
Matriculation Candidates Can Check Status From Feb 9. http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=388088.

3 comments:

Kae Vin said...

not really. when u got more friends in UNi and college....that's where real birthday begins~!! XD

Be prepared :P

Anonymous said...

hi, I've shut down my blog in Blogspot and came out with a brand new one! :P
I'm now using Wordpress. Here's my link : http://brightsidelass.wordpress.com/

Niel said...

specialhuman: lol. hopefully so then xD