It's a new year. A week and 2 days had passed.
2009 is a significant year for me and my friends as well. 2009 is the year when I leave school and its comfort. Comfort, in the sense that I am no longer required to wear uniforms and abide by the discipline teacher rod of discipline. I'm moving on to tertiary education!
Compared to many other examples in my life, 2008 wasn't a very glorious year. In fact, I like to think of 2007 and 2008 as the same as my high school life during that time sort off dropped. I was lazy and pathetic. I did not learn anything much, anything significant, other than learning to bicker and complain in a more skillful manner. And that doesn't help much in my relations with people.
Life in 2008 wasn't that smooth. I had everything I needed, but sometimes I suspected it being the reason for my dilemma back then. SPM is still a long time away la, I remember assuaging myself. In short, I did not give my 100%. And it will certainly pay me back come March later on.
After crawling into 2009, I decided to change. I will be hardworking. I will strive to get the things that I want in life. No more 2007 or 2008. They now serve as memories that will help spur me onward. In my opinion, if someone is rajin and has a goal in his or her life, the entire personality of that individual would change. Bickering and complaining will almost vanish as you labour for the great harvest.
Being a young Christian, I too realised the challenges that lie ahead of me. The Bible will be more important than ever to guide me in the way everlasting. The description 'a lamb entering into a horde of wolfs' matches my entry into city. It will be difficult in the initial phase, but there is where I will grow.
Welcome 2009!
2 comments:
My form 3, form 4 and form 5 were among the best years in my life. It shaped what I am today.
Yours might be later perhaps?
good for you then. hope for mine then. =.=
Post a Comment