So, I went to the youth camp I mentioned before. It was fun to meet so many friends, both young and old. Many of them are still passionate enough to come back and serve the Lord, to show their support. I was touched. I sincerely hope that the camp would be a success under incumbent Camp Master-KY! Kae Min even predicted that a lot of 'xiao mei mei' (junior girls) are going to fall for him. Now now, we wouldn't want that now, do we? Ha ha...
I dropped by the place, CCC late in the evening to check them out. The camp always managed to attract many youngsters, and this year was no exception. I saw little Sherminn and her sister plus Ying Huan among the gang. We exchanged warm greeting smiles. It's been a long time...
After sorting them out into groups, I went over to join the camp staff to chat. Kae Vin was sitting at the edge of the stage, surveying the lot. I joined him. We chat a little. I said that it is blissful to be like them, young and carefree, blissfully unaware of the outside world. He sighed and concluded that we're aging. I laughed ruefully at that.
True. What I saw today, the lot of youngsters, reminded me that time and tide wait for no man. I've also seen what Time can do to those who don't treasure it.
Kae Vin also said that those good old times are in our hearts and minds forever as treasures. I realised now that I haven't been too appreciative of those times. Perhaps I was too young to comprehend. I've joined this camp many time, and each of them are etched into my mind, impossible to brush aside whenever I looked at the old CCC building.
Looking at their young faces, I felt distance, estranged. Although I am just a year older than them, but still the difference is so wide. It might sound weird, but I am like an adult in the eye of these youngsters. One of them even took me for a 20year old when we talked. Ha ha, what a joke! You can still fool around in December even if you're a Form4, but at Form5 you have got to figure out what are you gonna do after school. Like me.
The next day, my parents and I went searching for my home to be. We first went to Menara UMNO. Riding the lift up to the 19th floor we arrived at Kemayan ATC Penang. There we registered my name as a student of the A Levels. It felt weird, as if I've just signed a contract. Still, I was excited and happy. I'm looking forward to the month of January 2009 where I will be accepted. Phase 3 of my life is waiting to kick-start.
Now it's the hard part. We went around the various roads-Jalan Anson, Jalan Logan, to search for a place, by foot and car. We managed to call several owners who had hung their 'To Let' banners with their respective contact numbers. After asking and beating around the bush locating several ideal spots, we headed to Queensbay Mall for some light shopping.
Sitting in the car as Dad drove us to the complex, I was exhausted and overwhelmed. So far everything had gone well. But I realised that soon enough there won't be any parent-driver to get me around. I would have to drive a car all on my own. I will have to recognise all the roads. I will also have to know places where good food is available! I really wonder how I am going to do this. I might look like a 20year old, but I've still got the kid in me. I shuddered at the thought of being my own boss in a strange town. Perhaps this is what most people call 'grow up'?
As the car strolled along the long Penang Bridge, I watched the sun settling. The youth camp and the young happy faces of the participants there seemed so far away now. I tugged at the thought of being on my own, a college student in downtown George Town, and it pleases and frightens me at the same time. Deep in my heart, I offered a prayer to God, surrendering everything to Him, the only Rock whom I can rely on without a doubt.
P/S: Song that best suits my mood now? 'Finally' by Fergie.
Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though it will have a different set
Something strange and new is happening
3 comments:
lol it's not fun to look like 20 year old when you are 17! Go dress up! ;p
There are still people mistaken me as 19 year old.
:P
what? then it's fun being mistaken for 19 when ur 20+??
gosh. time's power!!
i think Niel could not make a good change for his appearance...
hehehehe... but this is good for his plan-celibacy
hahaha...(keso?)
Post a Comment