"I heard the old, old men say, all that is beautiful drifts away, like the waters."
The music stops and the clock does not.
The Afghans say zendagi migzara. Life goes on.
Today the wind blew through the fields. A welcomed evening breeze after the hot afternoon sun. Fang was happy, as usual, as we both strolled down familiar lanes. He became ecstatic when he picked up a new and strange scent, and would not give up trying to press his large nose on the spot until I had to drag him. He almost always gave in.
Upon reaching home, I unleashed him and he would give me a big, contented face, panting breathes notwithstanding. There is a light in those enormous brown eyes. A beam that also almost always made me think of taking him on another round. just so that he can be happy. Just so that I can leave everything in the house and enter limbo land.
Just me and my dog in the evening, the wind playfully gliding through our ears.
I have always wondered what makes dogs the happy creatures they are, and whether it works for human beings.
"Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. Any moment might be our last. We will never be here again. And you will never be lovelier than you are now." -Homer, The Iliad.
No comments:
Post a Comment