It is always a great thing to entertain oneself with some jokes to kick-start the day. They are even better coming from family members, and in this case, the youngest in the family.
I was telling dad a joke I read, mostly in Mandarin, about a barber and a young man. A young man popped his head in the barber's shop and asked when could he get a haircut, to which the barber replied two hours. A few days later, the same young man came and asked the same question and was given the same answer. A week later, still the same happened. This time, the curious barber asked his friend to follow the young man. The friend came back laughing, to the barber's puzzlement, and said he followed the young person to the barber's house!
We both cracked up in laughter, but the best was yet to come. Young Marcus quizzed with a half-smile the meaning of 'tou qing', which I had used, and lit the room with even more laughter. He was bright enough to take note and answered his question with a little 'oh, affair is it'.
My kind of morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment