There is never a shortage of scenic places in this town. Located at the border, I am always close to nature and its association.
After trust cases involving cheating sons and half-blind widows, I felt the need to have some serious fresh air. Fang(top of this page) seemed to read my mind; he looked at me happily as I went on facebook for a little bit, and attempted a small bark when I did not look at him for several minutes. Soon we were both walking, him sniffing and puffing and just being desperately happy.
I chucked him back in the house and got into the car. Evening drives are usually breezy and without a specific destination, and this one was no exception. The air was good enough so I was contented to just slide both windows and let the wind do its magic.
After a few runs at my usual Nature-Green spots, I took a turn and ended up somewhere I have never been before. It was an elite-looking neighbourhood, and by its seclusion, rather elite as well. I found it incredible to discover a place in a town where I've lived my entire life. The blues lifted a little as I drove into the strange place of my familiar sleepy town.
The evening sun was descending back into the distant hills, its rays colouring the edges of puffy clouds. The sky was a little blue, coupled with strokes of orange, giving the road some colour. I was immediately greeted at the entrance by a flock of brown and white cows. An alarm rang inside me as I realised that each bison is strong enough to turn my little car over in a rage, and a flock of them would qualify for a stampede. The fact that the herd was only manned by an old, fragile-looking Indian guy did not dissipate my anxiety as I was faced with two choices: drive back the way I came, or drive into them.
I picked up the engine and slowly, began driving into the group. The animals seemed to give way, though not too soon enough, guided by their shepherd's whistle. I looked at them as we passed each other, excruciatingly close. I eyed their horns apprehensively, a little too proximate my car for my liking. A loud thud sounded on my left - a tail hit my ride. It was only after I was out of the pack that I found my left window smacked inward. Good to know Fang has found competition for the Strongest Tail Wagger.
Into the neighbourhood, the houses looked mismatched. Some would rival a luxurious bungalow, while its neighbours resemble a squat. Its population was largely Malay; the field was full with kids ranging from toddler to adolescent playing their time away. It seemed that I found where the middle class Malays of this town take up their residence.
The drive home was much cheerful, even though the sun was already in twilight phase and darkness crept. I was quite happy to discover a new place within a known one, or thought I knew. Now it's preparing for tonight's History class with them Form Two fellows.
on my way home
i will remember
only good days
on my way home
i remember
all the best days
i'm on my way home
i can remember
every new day
Also, this is my 300th post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment