Search This Blog

Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Best Damn Thing

There is a saying, that we should be steady, and let things go the way they should go, even if they are extremely dear to us, just because it's time.

It took me the final blow to realise. There is simply no point in holding onto, or holding out for, someone who is not worth it. It does not mean that we judge and put a value tag on everybody we know; it merely means that we guard our hearts well and disallow any hurt upon it. A heart can only take so much.

I want my life back. The previous Niel. He's lost for now, somewhere out there. I am, and will, get him back. It's time for me to take myself and settle it firmly in place.

Privately, I find this world rather distasteful. It used to be fashionable to shower goodness on everybody, it used to be done without anybody highlighting it. Now that it is disappearing, they are screaming for 'one random act at a time' . I want to be nice and good to everybody, honest. However not everyone takes or looks at it that way. It is on me to be wise and careful. Guard my heart.

One day, I'm gonna look myself in the mirror, and thank God for being the best damn thing!

No comments: