Search This Blog

Friday, 28 May 2010

Audio

Currently thinking about which one to buy:



I think the competition is quite keen. I've been to both shops, tested both products, and now here I am weighing the two of them. Oh, and they share the same price of RM599.

Before buying, there must be a need. I cannot help but doubt my need for this gadget at this first stage. Do I really need this? A better way to put this is through the words of my dad: 600 Ringgit just to listen to music? Good point, I've thought about it. But my preferred RM200-RM400 budget will only afford a screen-less player and to think deeper, if I get one of those, I would probably regret later on. And seriously, what's a modern player without a screen? Have to go through one song by one song to get to the desired track, that's really buruk.

What created this need? 30% would be me waking up in the morning and suddenly deciding that a MP3 Player beside my bed will really look good. Another 70% is my W810i baby, now four years old, is no longer sensitive to her 2-point earphones. On a good day it would take me 3 minutes to enjoy the quality it is capable of. To enjoy that, a variety of finger movements, a little bit like massaging maneuvers is needed. I am sometimes spotted using the Jentik technique to connect the two friends together, but after succeeding, failure comes quickly. In short, when you are old, you lose your touch.

I am also thinking of using cheaper cell phones but owning a nice MP3 player instead. That quit settle the score isn't it?

The Apple store did not have the blue Ipod Nano when I went there, cash-ready. I was asked to check in next week. Two days later, after talking to friends, I checked out the Sony shop.

Right now, if I am cleared to buy, my choice would be the Sony player. It comes with a mini speaker, and people who know me, know that I love to share music with people. The quality is not that far-off with the Ipod Nano. Another thing that sets the Sony player apart is the absence of complexity when transferring songs. Ipod Nano uses iTunes to sync its playlist, and I rarely use iTunes. Sony players use the drag and drop method, which is easier.

The downside regarding Miss Sony is, however, its life expectancy. Friends around said that it is relatively short-lived, with the battery descending into total noob-ness within a year or two depending on maintenance. I do not know the authenticity of this claim just yet, but it is quite bothersome.

Anyhow, the ball is back to my parents now. I have been spending lately, and it is not very nice. Conscience forbids it. If I want to buy something, I want to buy it in peace on both sides. No pressure, no sour faces.

But the Sony player really looked so sleek and owh....

3 comments:

Kae Vin said...

I'll vote for.....

Ipod Touch! XD

kaemin said...

Ipod Shuffle! ^^
just bought 1 few weeks ago

Hua Sheng said...

Sony W250 looks nice...bt hav you tried d quality???...If d quality almost d same...i will prefer W250 more than Ipod Nano...^^....looks more " yeng " ...haha...

D best recommendation is Ipod Touch~~~hehe.....