Search This Blog

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Subjective

Been wondering much about life lately, especially in that petulant yet mysterious aspect of romance.

Only until recently, this aspect has never been given much attention. Never much attention, because of various hurdles, immaturity being one of the greatest, and still is now. Sometimes pressure sets in and stifles its curiosity, or the adage about the dead cat does the job. Somehow or another, not much thought about this area, only until recently.

The choices are quite sparse for me; different walks of lives and with it comes different personality and schools of thought. Yet, they come in the same encroaching manner, slowly, under the guise of friendship, eating up the heart until it finds the core and kisses it with a passion.

As with all other matters of life, it is best to start looking at own self. Maturity. Readiness. Finance. Balance. They sum up the terms and conditions of this particular emotional contract. The consequences can be dire if they are not weighed carefully. I don't desire to be part of the drama, they are already happening everyday and everywhere; what else can I say that has not been said?

To complicate things, there is also this guilt. Juggling between such decisions, trying to find a solution, I find it luxurious and rather frivolous, especially when further more important matters are not yet in order. This could get worse should I venture, yet the risks and possible, disastrous results seem to do little to serve the cause of deterrence. Matters of the heart, it seems, could affect the mind and unsettle logic. The heart screams and yearns, and there is little the brain can stop its cravings, and so the body gives in, in most cases.

All these things seemingly point to the fact that my case is not yet prepared, and therefore all actions shall be contained until a better time. My resources can wait, and they will wait, until I give in. Like the house built on sand, I shall not brave the seas and challenge the winds, less I hurt the one whom possesses love, but a reckless one, not helpful to our cause and eventually, dire to our hearts.

Enough has been said. Time to retire into the status quo, single, but happier and more accomplished.

No comments: