Search This Blog

Sunday, 17 January 2010

Outing

My previous post about me being Colombus and found a new waterfall site lacked evidence, because I did not bring my camera when I went looking for the NS camp. Only a snap shot with my phone will not do, so here they are.

The 3 swords!

The view when we got back. Beautiful in a soft and gentle way, yes?

*

If you pay attention to the first photo, you will see that there is still some way to go, beyond the three swords. The sight of it intrigued me, wanting to see more, but I couldn't make it that day.

So we went another day. Heck, I'm free like dung here.

I was right. There is still some way to go, and we found this.

Lo and behold!

Touching the little rainbow.

There're rainbows everywhere!

Water running non-stop.

Magnificent.

It was altogether a new place. I was so excited. We stood on higher ground!

The water was cool, especially in hot days. The water hit harder too, I think. I liked everything I saw there, everywhere. And I kept thinking about sharing this with friends, and bringing them here to experience what I experienced.

After the blissful moments, we decided to move to lower ground, wanting to check out another fall. And we saw...

This.

If you do not recognise the danger in this photo, it is better you do not go alone into such a place. Or maybe my photo does not provide a good picture, I don't know.

The log, and it's as thick and long as any great tree you see, was put there as a warning. The suggestion was that someone died there, so it was probably meant to caution unsuspected visitors. Given the height of the log, it still goes deep into the water, way too deep even for the sun to shine on its bottom. Notice its surroundings? The bottom of its surrounding area is visible, but not the area where the log was plunged into. With such depth, a powerful underwater swirl may exist, strong enough to make sure you never make it to the surface.

Ok enough with the tension. Lol.

I wondered why people have not asked me this yet, but my blog seems to lack photos of outing with friends. So here we go, one for the answer.


I had a great time watching people from different walks of life mingle with each other. I met some of them only on that day itself, but we bonded reasonably well. Some of them are friends of friends, so that's how the circle is enlarged. Different personalities and all, but we enjoyed each other's presence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...im here....
really rainbows here n there... sui!!! haha



Kogepan

Eric said...

where is the waterfall located?

Pheypei said...

heheh....here i am^^
is there the place that u all mention??
hehe...quite nice...but i am scare of the last photo of the waterfall...dunno why...geli~~~
anyway laa...nice to meet u all^^
have a great time on tat day xD

Anonymous said...

dat waterfall realli nice leh... beh dong




kogepan

Kae Vin said...

huiyo~ tukar header :)

but it's nice.

and next time go hike further inside. :)