To those who do not know the existence of my pet, here is the big guy, a Golden Retriever. Call him Fang. ^^
Fang has been acting weird lately. I read up some stuff of GR online and found that there is a possibility of him having something called 'separation anxiety' . I do not blame him; he rarely gets to see anybody at home during the day, and at night too. Only after 10pm will he get to see the entire family, which is something pretty important for a family dog like Fang.
I paid more attention to my dog after reading, touching him as I passed by his den, sometimes crouching and talked with him. I take him out for walks, a past time often occupied by skirmishes of Dota. I showed him a little bit more love. Often his response would be to look at me with sad, brown doggy eyes, head sprawled on the floor like some dying old man.
But I made progress, and he started to be his normal old self again- lights of love and joy jumping in his eyes, tail wagging like a whip, and a light bounce in his steps. It was wonderful to see him shaking of that anxiety, and it reminded me that all humans want to be loved and to love too. Without love, life is meaningless and selfish.
Fang has a way of showing his longing to be with us. I was upstairs with the computer today, and I heard tentative footsteps. Seconds later my big dog panted his way through the door, happy to find me there. Now, anyone familiar with dogs will know that they are rather afraid of staircases. Personally, I think they dread the descend.
But my dog, Mr. Fang Teoh, climbed two stairs to be with me. He must have had been lonely outside, and thought of looking for me. Looking at the tall stairs, he walked carefully upward, paws tight with tension, cautious to not slip. I could hear his panting from the room.
The moment I saw him walking through the door, I knew that he loves me and I him.
He sat quietly when I went to take my camera.
He can sense it when I looked at him.
Fang decided to change his spot, and he chose the one under my feet and the computer.
I asked him to pose emo-ly and he did.
Dogs are indeed best friends of men.
I'm reading this now.
3 comments:
ur dog can go to ur room??? wow!! so cute^^ and so so so...BIG!! ><''
ur DOG is very lucky!
Post a Comment