They don't know what is good for them, and what's not. They won't be able to distinguish.
And yet there are some people or organisations who will simply take advantage of that.
In my little sleepy town of Nibong Tebal, youngsters have generally and virtually nothing to do. They play ball in the evenings, cycle around just to let Time pass, and a day is gone. Simple life.
Recent introduction of certain events and trend has changed that. Nibong Tebal youngsters have more to choose now, but having luxury in options is rarely a good thing for a youngster barely reaching puberty. They now get to see 'superstars' performing on the stage with neon lights, ranging from singing competitions and flashy dances. They even have the chance go be those 'stars', if they try and train hard enough. Being a 'star' in small towns like Nibong Tebal is really sensational, just the thing a barely-turned-teen would love to add to life.
How to advise a young and hot-headed youngster about these? Or we just watch them burn?
As I looked at the innocence sparkling back at me, mien with full earnestness and belief, I was stung, anger failing into non-existence. Words faded into oblivion, and I did not endeavour to locate them. How could I confront? To do that would be destruction. How many others have been bamboozled, piously believing they are doing something meaningful and significant?
In the midst of all these I wonder.
3 comments:
Agree!
Getai singers?
some of these stage shows can be far from wholesome..yeah ><
Xuan: thx =.=
khiahsu: it's abt a social phenomenon at my hometown.. ><
Post a Comment