Though already studying, I went there with friends who are really looking for colleges to enroll in after the SPM results are 'unleashed'. There were a lot of activities there; talks going on, laughter at some unknown jokes, and basically, chicks and more chicks.
Just like always, colleges from literally all over Malaysia set up their booths and stationed their men. The first one I visited was none other than Kemayan ATC's booth. I had arranged an appointment with a teacher there on behalf of my friend who is interested to know about the Business program ATC is introducing recently.
After that, we walked around. Upon completing a circle, We were already holding many pamphlets and leaflets of various colleges. Talk about commercialisation brings quality. A friend practically went to every booth and asked about the college. Besides local colleges, a couple of booths were dedicated to education overseas, namely Singapore, UK and Australia. I was, in fact quite surprised to see a booth for the recruitment of youngsters into the army!
The fair was awesome and it is indeed really an eye-opener. For those who are interested, they are still having it on Monday, the last day.
On a personal account, I got lost several times that day. And that sucks to the highest order. As a friend who was a passenger in my car said, his ass was sore from sitting in the car for too long.
To prove the time wasted because of my blunder, the fuel almost ran out while we were just starting to cross the bridge in the midst of a traffic jam! I was consternated to find the warning lights of the tank blinking. At that time, everyone in the car was fast asleep from fatigue(another prove T.T) and I was the only driving. The car was not moving for minutes and we were only beginning to cross the bridge. It was then the warning came. The last bar of the fuel! I prayed in my heart with all my might. 'It is a terrible thing to be stranded like this oh Lord,' I prayed, adding 'and my friends would lost their confidence totally and I would never be able to get a guy or a girl on board again!'
I fought through the jam slowly, half praying and half expecting the car to stop any minute. The wonderful thing is, we managed to not only cross the bridge but also cleared enough distance to reach the nearest station. I cried out 'Hallelujah' when I entered the station with vehemence.
3 comments:
ey,I didn't see the army recruitment booth! where was it? xD
anyway,yeah-a lot of it is a jumble of hype and advertising.
eg: Nirwana College,ATC, Brickfields,PTPL,Mentari...they all offer the same course basically-the UOL external LLB programme. Either we're all too spoilt for choice or it leaves us students frazzled,lol.
lol. Lost on the way to Pisa?? Should think twice b4 introducing urself as penangites :P
khiahsu: lol. it was kinda cool actualy. @@
specialhuman: Nope. Lost on the way from Queensbay to PISA xD
Post a Comment