A smile, laugh, cry, or even anger can be faked. These emotions are at the disposal of their masters, forever ready to be called upon to serve.
All these hoaxes, they get more frequent as we venture deeper into life. I see them everywhere and every time. It is a way of life. No man can proudly boast that he has been sincere and genuine to everyone in his life; not in this age anyway.
I don't mean to be passive and be subjected, but I fake too. My masks are my tools with people. I'm not proud of them; they come in all shapes and figures, more terrible than the masks in the Goblin's Lair. But they exist. And they always look so appealing in times of need, and to turn the table around.
We tend to say that communications nowadays are better and advanced. Most youngsters are familiar with 'communication and social tools' like MSN and Yahoo Messenger. Some might even claimed that they found true friends or lovers via these channels. The thing is, it is even easier to disguise yourself in these channels. A ':D' guise can conceal your true feelings, which is testified by the thumping of the fist. Some sounded friendly and sociable on the line. They might be, for all you can know, but I don't think most do.
Like it or not, masks are a must. I am not encouraging hiding and stuffing everything inside. It is just that our emotions should not be too easily revealed, especially when it matters...
travel makes me
a seeker who does not take
what is given without sincerity
a seeker who does not take
what is given without sincerity
-si tenggang's homecoming
No comments:
Post a Comment