I watched the opening ceremony last night, and it was simply splendid. The show was breath-taking. I watched with pride. At last, the Red Dragon country has awakened. I'm sure many other Chinese people across the world share the same feelings as I do. Below are some pretty photos captured.
Beijing's grand opening ceremony has also draw many critics, ranging from the arrangements and the cost of it all. I'm not so sure about all this. But there is one thing I'm sure of; most of this people don't understand. This is the one chance Beijing has to prove herself. And isn't that enough to justify the magnificent show we saw last night, live from the Bird's Nest? To tell the truth, I don't really expect those who are not of Chinese origins to fully appreciate the significance of the opening ceremony, including half-Chinese(no offence here).
I am also equally proud to watch our Malaysian contingent marched along with the other 204 contingents. It proves that we are indeed from Bolehland. However, the attire of the delegation dissatisfy me. Why everyone is clad in yellow and black songkoks and sarungs? That is not the symbol of the Malaysian community. (Better not comment on this furthermore, or risk being charged under the Seditious Act. Blek)
Finally, the Games are on now. Enjoy the show!
P/S: Preliminary round of Men's Basketball will kick-off on Sunday, with
Redeem Team facing the Host, China.

Dancers painting while drawing on a gigantic scroll

3000 performers dressing up as students of Confucianism
This young lady is given great honour
The People's Liberation Army has done well
Splendid fireworks illuminating the Bird's Nest inside out!

China Men's Basketball Team's Ace, Yao Ming is given the honour to bear his nation's flag along with little Si Chuan hero. Stark contrast eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment